"Tsumura Kampo Trochisch Kikyoto'' is a traditional medicine that’s effective for scratchy throat and it’s extracted from platycodi decoction for sore throat. Trochisch is one of the common medicines that Japanese people choose when they have a sore throat or cough.
This can be used for swollen throat or cough.
If a person is experiencing a sore throat and sometimes coughing, this medicine can apply to everyone regardless of physical strength and age (over 5 years old).
Trochisch, also known as a pastille, is a type of sweet or medicinal pill made of a thick liquid that has been solidified. This can be consumed by light chewing and allowing it to dissolve in the mouth. It has anti-inflammatory and bactericidal effects and is useful for alleviating symptoms when catching a cold.
By slowly dissolving in the oral cavity, the dissolved components spread in the oral cavity and throat. Even with the same oral tablet, unlike buccal tablets, * ¹ and sublingual tablets * ² that act systemically, Trochisch is effective only in limited areas.
* ¹ Buccal agent: A drug that is used by sandwiching the drug between the gums and cheeks and slowly dissolving it.
* ² Sublingual tablet: A drug that is placed under the tongue and dissolved. It is very fast until the effect is exhibited.
Kampo medicine is diverse in many ways
- Kampo medicine is a combination of various herbal medicines
- Eliminate or relieve various symptoms with one agent
- Various traditional herbs are used according to the condition and constitution of the person.
- There are two types of Kampo medicine, one that works immediately after drinking and the other that works by continuing to take it.
- Even for the same illness, the traditional herbs used differ depending on the number of days since the onset and symptoms.
Age- 15 and over take 2 pieces 3 times a day
Age- 5-14 take 1 piece 3 times a day
Age less than 5, do not use
Recommended for people
For those with sore throat, swelling, tonsil, and sometimes coughing
6 pieces (6600mg) of this product contain 625mg of dry extract of the mixed crude drug in the following ratio.
Japanese bureau kikyo
It contains Japanese Pharmacopoeia calcium stearate, Japanese Pharmacopoeia purified sucrose, Japanese Pharmacopoeia hydroxypropyl cellulose, gum arabic, erythritol, calcium silicate, dextrin, powdered reduced maltose water candy, and fragrance.
How to use
Take the recommended amount in your mouth, and dissolve it slowly without chewing.
Attention (Disclaimer) Please be sure to read
i. The following persons should consult a physician, pharmacist, or registered distributor before taking this medicine.
(1) Persons undergoing medical treatment from a physician.
(2) Pregnant women or women suspected of being pregnant.
(3) Persons with a weak stomach and intestine who have a tendency to diarrhea.
(4) Elderly persons.
(5) Persons who have experienced rash, redness, itching, etc. due to medicines or something.
(6) Persons with the following symptoms: edema.
(7) Persons diagnosed as having the following: hypertension, heart disease, kidney disease.
ii. The following symptoms may be adverse reactions to this medication. If any of these symptoms occur, stop taking this medicine immediately and consult a physician, pharmacist, or registered distributor.
Loss of appetite, gastric distress
In very rare cases the following serious symptoms may occur. In this case, consult a physician immediately.
In addition to listlessness, stretched feeling, and stiffness of hands and feet, feeling of weakness and muscular pain will appear and gradually worsen.
iii. Stop taking this medicine and consult a physician, pharmacist, or registered distributor if symptoms do not improve after taking this medicine 5 to 6 times. Take this leaflet with you.
iv. If you take this medicine regularly for long periods, consult a physician, pharmacist, or registered distributor.
- This medication should be given to children only under adult supervision.
- Do not crunch or swallow the troche.
Tsumura & Co.
Made in Japan